RAF Basic Training is designed to test you to your limits, taking you outside of your comfort zone. You will be in the care of the Royal Air Force and they will provide you with all the support you will need. We have detailed here what to bring as your RAF Basic Training Kit.
Instructors will not allow anything that’s deemed unnecessary during basic training, these items will be confiscated. Below are some of the common items that will not be permitted at basic training:
- Expensive personal items: cameras, jewellery, electronics
- Nonprescription drugs/ over-the-counter medications
- Pocketknives, firearms, ammunition, fireworks, clubs, batons, brass knuckles, straight razors, ice picks, and so on are not allowed.
- Obscene or pornographic material
- Alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages
- Gambling items
- Health supplements
- Acrylic/fake nails
- Energy Drinks
You are allowed to bring your mobile phone with you. It will be locked away most of the day.
Always refer to your joining instructions and the AFCO’s advise.
Summary Of What Not To Bring To Air Force BRTC
If you have other questions regarding what to bring, your recruiter is your point of contact. If you forget anything, you will have an opportunity to purchase anything you need.
Double-check your joining instruction and kit list to ensure you have all the correct items required for training.
RAF Basic Training Kit
Don’t forget to buy the items on your RAF Basic Training Kit before leaving for RAF Halton as they will be more expensive when you get there.